Operations / Production Assistant
I’m Amber Adams, the owner and founder of Opal and Wonder, and I’m excited to share more about this role and opportunity!
Opal and Wonder is a small candle company with a mission to uplift the human spirit by connecting people with nature through natural scents and imagery. I am currently looking for a right-hand person to help out with the day-to-day operations.
This person needs to be passionate, intelligent, collaborative, dedicated, independent and helpful. Responsibilities will vary from producing candles to creating spreadsheets to helping clean and organize the studio. The position is part-time with opportunities for advancement. Available hours will range from 15 - 24 per week.
Opal and Wonder is still in the start-up phase, so it is important that you are patient enough to grow with the business and are not looking for instant gratification.
If you are someone who thrives in a learning environment, is interested in growing something from the ground up and can meet the listed ideal qualifications and requirements, I would love to hear from you! Read more below.
Opal and Wonder
Production/Operations Assistant (part-time)
Starting Compensation: $13.25 per hour
Anticipated Start Date: March 15th
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Weekly candle production- which entails melting wax, mixing fragrance, pouring and labeling candles. (*Note that candle-making experience is not required. Happy to train the right candidate!)
- Creating weekly production schedules to ensure orders are finished by assigned deadlines.
- Packing and shipping all online and wholesale orders.
- Taking inventory of supplies and writing order lists when necessary.
- Receiving supply shipments and restocking workstations.
- Checking company email and assisting in customer questions or inquiries.
- Cleaning and organizing studio and retail space.
Other Duties May Include:
- Selling and handling payment during festivals and in our retail space.
- Support in coordinating and prepping for events and tradeshows.
- Handwriting “Thanks You” notes.
- Goal setting and planning deadlines with owner.
- Assisting in execution of company rebrand.
- Acting as point of contact for sales rep.
Ideal Qualifications and Skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and meticulously organized.
- Self-motivated and can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to anticipate needs in advance and act on them.
- Tech Savvy - Proficient in Word, Excel and Google Drive. (Knowledge of Shopify, Etsy and Square are a plus!)
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Positive people-person with a heart to serve.
- Passion for the outdoors, candles and color coding are a plus!
- Valid driver's license and dependable vehicle
- Ability to climb stairs daily
- Ability to lift, carry and move boxes up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work in a highly fragrant environment
- Ability and willingness to work some weekends
To apply for the Operations/Production Assistant position, please follow these steps:
- Carefully read the outlined job description to ensure you are a good fit.
- Visit www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test and take the personality quiz.
- Update your resume and send it to us along with your personality test results.
E-mails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “Your Name for Assistant Job” into the email subject line.